|Les Trois Puits Congénies||
Bienvenu(e) and Welcome
CHECK OUT OUR BIRDING PAGE. TO LES TROIS PUITS B&B IN CONGÉNIES, A HISTORIC VILLAGE IN THE VAUNAGE BETWEEN NIMES AND MONTPELLIER.
Barn for sale in our garden. Ready for conversion into a home, it comes with it's own patch of garden and independent access to the road at the back of us. It already has change of use and building permission certificates. If you want to spend a bit more time in the area, why not consider a summer or retirement home here! Price 140,000€ email for more information.
OUR SELF CONTAINED GITE, 'La petite maison' REMAINS AVAILABLE ALL THE YEAR ROUND. Email me for a quote!
THE B&B is open until the end of October when we will close for the winter, but we are now fully booked for this year. We will open again in April 2014 and prices will remain the same as last year in both the cottage and the main house. We are taking bookings for next year so feel free to contact us.
VAUNAGE CYCLING: Check out the kms of old railway line that have been remade to provide a wonderful, quiet, smooth, flat, path and cycle track that runs through the local countryside linking our medieval villages.
WALKING & WINE TASTING,
check the activities pages.FESTIVALS
in the area:
- The Great Roman Games in the Nîmes Arena:- mid April
- Médiévale festival de Sommieres:- end of April.
- Nimes Feria, a big festival of the local traditions:- Beginning of June
- Bull Running, Congenies:- Mid July.
- Jazz at Junas:- July 2013. here is the link to the program,
The world heritage site at the Pont du Gard
40 mins. This year(2011) a new tourist train for just a euro will take you there from the railway station in Nimes
Towards the sea are the ancient ports of Le Grau du Roi and Les Saintes Maries de la Mer, where excellent fish restaurants are to be found.
Many other activities
are possible in the locality:
- Water sports, both sea and river.
- Good rock climbing and walking locally.
- Wonderful birding, resident guide available.
- Horse riding and the pageant of the bulls
- Music, festivals and carnival, throughout the summer .
Attractions such as the Cevennes Steam Railway.
The Bamboo Park at Anduze.
Maison Quaker, our neighbour in Congénies.
Just relax amongst
the olive groves and almond trees, enjoy the wine and watch the process
of the grape. Sample the local cuisine in a region steeped in the
history, with abundant local produce cooked as only the French can.